Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday in Dover

Not much change today. I'm still waiting for the wind to die down. Sunday looks like the next possible day to swim, but that's very iffy at this point.

Saw District 9 last night: good, disturbing, and imperfect film - and pretty violent. I guess I have a little more positive view of humanity than some.

Reading "Endurance" - the classic story of Ernest Shackleton's 1915 (or so) attempt to cross the Antarctic continent. They didn't even get started on the crossing, but the result is a great adventure story. Great read while waiting to swim the English Channel. Makes my little swim look like a day at the beach!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking of District 9, when you're in Cape Town, you will be near District Six.

Karen said...

There was a wonderful Masterpiece Theater series from Britian on Captain Scott and Raold Amundsen's race to the Pole. I think you'd like it if you can find it.