Friday, May 15, 2009

Some awesome kids

Yesterday and today I gave a presentations to several groups of kids from Washington Gifted Academy here in Rockford. I saw the whole school (other than 5th graders, which will be next week) over four presentations. The kids were great, and seemed very interested in the English Channel swim and school building project in Angola. I really got the middle schoolers attention with a photo I took in Angola of a skull hanging on a tree (marking territory during the civil war). I think they got the message that kids everywhere value education, and that they can really make a difference by helping the folks in Angola help themselves through education.

I look forward to seeing whether 6th, 7th or 8th grade raises the most money!

And I look forward to seeing how much the 1st-5th graders can come up with.

Thanks kids!

You can donate now by going to www.SwimMikeSwim.com and clicking on the "donate" link!

No comments: